The Eagleton Institute of Politics and Department of Political Science invite students for Spring 2017 to apply for the Darien Civic Engagement Project (DCEP) – an exciting opportunity to put your interest in politics into action on the Rutgers campus and local communities.
DCEP is offered in the Fall and in the Spring. For the upcoming Spring semester, students will register for a 1.5 credit Topics in Political Science course (790:251) focusing RU ReadyTM, a civic education initiative designed to equip and encourage high school students in area schools to become active citizens.
In conjunction with their coursework, DCEP students will meet together weekly, create their own civic education workshop and implement it in area high schools, and assist with the RU ReadyTM “Young Leaders Conference”.
If taken in conjunction with an additional 1.5-credit political science course, such as Reading Social Science Research (790:254), these credits will count as political science elective credits.
We are currently accepting applications for the Spring 2017 experience!
- Develop presentation, workshop, and team-building skills
- Assisting with RU ReadyTM to encourage high school students to be politically active
- Networking opportunities
- Interacting with professors and politically engaged students to explore politics
- Opportunities to participate in special events and great food!
- Open to students of all majors, all schools and all class years
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Successful applicants register for 790:251, Section 1. Topics in Political Science: Citizenship and Civic Engagement (1.5 credits)
- To request an application and more information e-mail Ryan Norman at email@example.com.
A special thank you to:
The Darien Fund for the U.S. Constitution, Citizenship, and Civic Engagement.